Tuesday, December 15

A Divine Holiday weekend...

Sunday my step-daughter Anna of EttieOglePress helped me out at the Divine Studios Holiday Craft Show in Soho. It was a cozy little affair with a great holiday buzz in the air. At Anna's elbow was the divine Kimberly of Chez Sucre Chez and it was my good fortune to be elbow to elbow with Fritz Karch the Collecting editorial director for Martha Stewart Living Magazine. He spent much of the day pulling out one Christmas treasure after another and I spent much of the day eaves-dropping as he talked to customers about each one's history. This beautiful goose feather tree with gold ornaments was practically tickling my ear and I couldn't get enough of it.


A couple weeks ago a few of my Z-Town friends and I made some pine cone elves from the December issue of Martha and Karen of Skylark Studio fell in love with her little guy (see here) and whispered in his ear several times "I love you." Karen, this pic is for you, but I'd stay away from the evil elf in the front.


And what is with these guys? Fritz said they were made in Japan. What is with those cheeks? Maybe they had some of those amazing salted chocolate caramels that were floating around the show.

One more thing. Today is the last day for ordering from my Etsy shop if you want to be sure to have it by Christmas! I'd also like to extend my deepest gratitude to everyone who has made my first year on Etsy a happy one! I wish you all a meaningful and merry holiday!

1 comment:

Sara Smedley said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that Michael Stipe was there and bought a bunch of stuff from Kimberly!!