Thursday, September 13

Apple days ahead!

Ah, it is time for apple pie! I love the mellowing days of September with their promise of crisp and colorful days ahead. As the days grow shorter and the nights cooler, I find myself in the kitchen more. The last few weeks I've been busy freezing roasted heirloom tomato sauce and ratatouille. I might do pesto next and am curious to try a tip I read on one of my favorite blogs, thekitchn, for freezing herbs in olive oil.


We are fortunate to live close to a wonderful orchard, County Line Orchard that grows all kinds of heirloom apples (and other fruits). It keeps things interesting to follow the progression as different varieties come into fruit. Right now it's Honey Crisp time, by the end of the season we stock up on Keepsake apples. I was just thinking about apple pie the other day so it was a nice surprise to see my Dutch Heart Apron in this Etsy Treasury, Time for Apple Pie, curated by Faith from Ordinary Mommy.

No comments: